Nonpublic Personal Information We Collect
The types of nonpublic personal information we collect about you depend on the products or services involved and may include the following types of information:
- To provide you with information on the benefits programs available to you, we would collect your name, address and telephone number;
- To determine your eligibility for benefits programs such as retirement programs, we would collect additional information, such as your date of birth or marital status;
- If you choose to purchase insurance products through an insurance company with whom MTAB has a joint marketing arrangement, additional information will be collected, such as date of birth or social security number.
We collect most of this information from the following sources:
- Directly from you on applications or other forms, by telephone, mail, or our website, or in person;
Sharing Of Information Within The MTA Benefits Corporate Family
- From your other transactions with us and our vendors; and
To best provide our programs and services, we may share nonpublic personal information collected about you, as described above, within our corporate family; We may use information in our files for our program marketing purposes or to help you with overall benefit programs. As a present or former customer, nonpublic personal information collected about you is retained in our files and subject to the privacy policies and practices stated herein.
Sharing Of Information Outside the MTA Benefits Corporate Family
In certain circumstances, we are permitted by law to share this information with the following parties. For example, we may share nonpublic personal information about you with:
- Third party administrators and vendors hired to effect, administer, or enforce a transaction, or maintain or service a product or service, requested or authorized by you. We require all our vendors to agree, as a condition of their contracts, to preserve the confidentiality of the information disclosed to them while carrying out the services for which they were contracted, and not to disclose such information except for the purpose for which it was meant;
- Companies that perform marketing services on our behalf and financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements and which agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information;
- To protect against fraud; and
- To respond to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or government regulatory authorities.
The Safeguards In Place to Protect the Confidentiality and Security of the Nonpublic Personal Information Collected
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and state standards to guard your nonpublic personal information. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide programs or services to you. Employees are required to know and comply with our privacy and confidentiality rules, and we take measures to enforce employee privacy responsibilities.
Except where permitted by law, we do not share nonpublic personal information about you, as described above, with companies outside the MTA Benefits corporate family and only allow disclosures to persons and companies as permitted by law. Whether you do business with us in person, online, by telephone or mail, our aim is to continue to provide our members with services, programs and products with the highest standards of quality and maximum member benefits. We look forward to serving you.