​Workers’ Compensation Insurance

The MTA Legal Division has determined that local education associations have a legal obligation to carry Workers' Compensation Insurance to protect their compensated officers.


Educators Insurance specializes in the insurance needs of the MTA and its members. The consultants are dedicated to helping local associations meet the MTA's compliance guideline of acquiring a Workers' Compensation policy. The process of selecting and purchasing coverage is simple, fast and affordable with Educators Insurance.


Who does it cover?
Officers, union reps, bargaining teams or any other individual who receives a stipend, salary or dues forgiveness as compensation within the association.

What does it cover?
Lost wages, medical bills, rehabilitation costs and other necessary payments arising from association employment-related injuries to help individuals return to work healthy, as quickly as possible and at their full productivity.

How do I get a policy?
It's easy! You make the call and Educators Insurance will take care of the rest. Begin your policy today by contacting a consultant at 888.908.6822.


All products are underwritten by The Hanover Insurance Company or one of its insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates ("The Hanover"). Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions and is subject to the company underwriting guidelines and the issued policy. This material is provided for informational purposes only and does not provide any coverage. Educators Insurance Agency ("EIA") is a member of The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. For more information about The Hanover, visit our website at www.hanover.com. EIA also offers products through Andover Insurance Company, which is not a member of The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. LC 2014-464